Aklak Air is a commercial aviation company based in Inuvik, Northwest Territories. The company was formed in 1994 as a joint venture between the Inuvialuit Development Corporation and Kenn Borek Air Ltd., offering you over 55 years of Arctic aviation experience. Our goal is to provide our customers with safe, reliable and cost effective air transportation service, wherever and whenever we fly.
We offer regular scheduled flight service between Inuvik and Paulatuk, Sachs Harbour, Tuktoyaktuk and Ulukhaktok, and seasonally to Fort McPherson. To review our current flight schedules, click here.
Our charter operations provide you with many options. We consistently provide fast and comfortable airstrip to airstrip travel, and we can get you to those hard to reach off-strip spots on tundra tires or wheel skis. All flights are provided by our twin-engine turbo-prop fleet, flown by dual flight crews. Click here to view our complete fleet.
- Scheduled passenger flights (Western Arctic)
- Charter passenger service anywhere in the Arctic
- Off-strip charters - floats, wheel-skis, tundra tires
- Integrated service package to meet industry, exploration and research needs
- Flexible fleet including Beechcraft 1900, Beechcraft King Air 200, De Havilland DHC-6 Twin Otter and McDonnell Douglas DC-3T (seasonally)
- All aircraft equipped with twin turbo props for "mission critical" reliability, even in extreme conditions