- Aklak Air can examine the contents of any baggage tendered for transportation of any aircraft and will refuse to accept for transportation any property that will not withstand ordinary handling. Although Aklak Air does not guarantee to carry baggage on the same flight as that on which the passenger is to be transported, every effort will be made to do so.
- Notwithstanding any of the subsequent provisions of this policy, Aklak Air will restrict the weight, size and character of baggage and personal property according to the capacity and accommodations of the particular aircraft.
- Baggage shall consist only of wearing apparel, non-liquid toilet articles and similar effects for actual use, which are necessary and appropriate for the comfort and convenience of the passenger for the purpose of the journey and not intended for other persons or for sale. Money, jewelry, silverware, samples, negotiable paper securities and similar valuables or business documents will be carried only at the risk of the passenger. Personal baggage may also include computers or camera equipment and accessories. Individual books, magazines, binoculars, coats and ladies’ purses will not be considered as “personal baggage” for purposes of ascertaining weight of baggage, and may be carried by passengers in the cabin, at their own risk, without additional charge.
- Baggage must be enclosed in receptacles provided with handles, loops or other suitable means for attaching checks, and sufficiently strong to withstand necessary handling, such as trunks, valises, telescopes, suitcases, and leather hat boxes.
- Receptacles when not securely locked, will not be received or checked except on condition that no liability will be assumed for loss of articles there from, whether resulting from negligence of Aklak Air, its servants or agents or otherwise howsoever.
Articles Acceptable Under Defined Conditions
- The following articles will not be accepted for carriage except upon prior special arrangements:
- Live animals (except pets or seeing-eye dogs)
- Articles, which may cause annoyance to passengers, are unsuitable for transport by aircraft, or cannot be carried in the regular baggage or express compartment of an aircraft
- Articles, the transportation of which is prohibited by any Governmental Regulation
- Pets (animals and birds) will be carried as baggage in cargo compartments providing they are presented for carriage in suitable containers, and requiring no attention in transit. The owner assumes all risk of injury to, or sickness or death of any pet carried under this rule. Storage facilities are not available at points of departure or destination. Pets do not come within the provisions of free baggage allowance and are to be charged at current rates for pets.
- A “seeing eye dog”, when properly muzzled and harnessed will be carried free of charge in a cabin when accompanied by a person with impaired vision dependent upon such a dog. The dog will not be permitted to occupy a seat, but must be kept at the feet of its master.
- Sporting firearms will be accepted for transportation when not loaded. The gun must be locked or dismantled and packed in a suitable case. A small quantity of small arm ammunition for personal use will also be accepted for transportation when packed in the original package of the manufacturer and not exceeding 5 kilograms.
- Infant bassinets will only be accepted for carriage in the cabin when a seat is reserved and paid for, and the size of the bassinet can be secured by the seat belt.
Free Baggage Allowance
- Except as specifically provided otherwise, the free baggage allowance on any full or reduced fare will be 30 kilograms.
- Passengers purchasing two tickets for single occupancy will be allowed 60 kilograms.
Excess Weight And Charges
- Excess baggage will be transported subject to space available.
- Excess baggage charges will be determined upon check-in.
Excess Value And Liability
- Aklak Air shall not be liable in respect of or consequent upon loss or damage to any personal baggage whether caused by Aklak Air, its servants or agents or otherwise howsoever, for any amount in excess of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). In no case shall Aklak Air’s liability exceed actual loss suffered by the passenger. All claims are subject to proof of amount of loss for each item separately.
- Unchecked items and other personal property will be carried at the risk of the passenger.
- Fragile or perishable articles will only be accepted at the risk of the passenger.
- Aklak Air will not be liable for any damage directly or indirectly arising out of any compliance with laws, Government Regulations, Orders, Requirements, or from any cause beyond Aklak Air’s control.
For more information regarding the carriage of baggage, please see our Domestic Tariff.